With tax season behind us and spring in the air, it’s time to do more than clean the house and put the winter clothes in the back closet. It’s also time to review your retirement portfolio. If you use an investment manager, this is an ongoing process. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, here are some things to consider.
- Are you spending too much and saving too little? If you don’t know, you should find a way to track your spending. There are a number of computer programs that can help.
- Is you portfolio properly balanced?
- Is your portfolio designed for the past or the future?
- If you had it to do over again, would you buy the same securities?
- Are you confident of your ability to actually manage your major financial assets on your own?
If the answer to the last question is “no” it may be time to see if you can find someone who can help.
Tags: Investment strategy