Most investors who retain an elite financial advisor would agree that the value far exceeds the cost. They simply do not have the time and/or the expertise to navigate the complex financial world by themselves and see tremendous value in having a trusted, expert confidant who can answer questions and provide guidance when faced with uncertainty.
Clients often come to us with questions when they are making financial decisions. Should they take option A or option B? We frequently suggest that there may be other alternatives that they have not even considered. It’s gratifying to see a light go on when we explain that option C is better for them, they just didn’t realize it was there.
A leading financial firm determined that “as much as 45% of the total value of an advisory relationship perceived by investors is derived from emotional elements, while the remaining 55% is derived from functional aspects of the relationship like portfolio management and financial planning.”
In other words, nearly half of the value of a financial advisor comes from services that have nothing to do with portfolio management.
Advisors have two primary tasks – helping people manage their wealth and helping people manage their emotions.
Korving & Company’s investment methodology is systematic and backed by technology that allows us to monitor hundreds of individual portfolios to keep then within their stated objectives. This allows us to spend more time with the subjective questions that our clients have. That’s where decades of experience in both finance and life help our clients to meet their own goals.
Arie J. Korving, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, has been delivering customized wealth management solutions to his clients for more than three decades. Prior to co-founding Korving & Company, he was First Vice President with UBS Wealth Management and held management positions with General Electric.