- 65 – The age at which the average American expects to retire, up from 63 in 2002.
- 26 – Percentage of baby boomers who expect to retire at age 70 or later.
- $265,000 – the estimated amount a couple, both age 65, should expect to spend on health care.
- 22 – Percentage of couples who factor health care costs into retirement.
- 30 – Percentage of adults born in the 1940s and 1950s who have traditional pension plans.
- 11 – Percentage of adults born in the 1980s who are expected to have a traditional pension plan.
- 60 – Percentage of medical expenses that Medicare by itself covers.
If some of these statistics don’t scare you read them again.
For others, we may be able to help.
And read the first three chapters of Before I Go.
Tags: Before I Go, financial advisor, financial planning, Korving & Company, retirement income