Need help with your 401(k)?

Do you have a 401(k) or similar retirement plan but can’t find anyone who will provide you advice on how to invest it?  Confused by all the investment options so you found the fund with the highest past return only to find out that you lost a lot during the last bear market?  Did you go to the employee benefits department only to find out that they can’t help much?

Until recently, investment advisors were unable or unwilling to provide investment advice unless you opened an account and transferred your assets to them.  But for 401(k) accounts that is probably not possible.

The answer is to find a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) who is willing to provide you with ongoing investment guidance and monitoring even if you don’t transfer your assets to him.  Of course there is a fee for doing this, but it’s often much more cost effective than dong it yourself.  And the fees you pay may well be tax deductible if you itemize.

Tags: , , ,

Connect With Us

Korving & Company, Investment Management, Suffolk, VA

Newsletter Signup

Created by Array Digital
© 2018 Korving & Company, LLC